AOL desktop gold automatic update not working bothers you?
Regular updates on software make user frustrate and due to this error “Automatic update stops working”.
First off, you need to figure out the reasons behind update problem and then implement solutions.
Sometimes users face this problem due to older version of desktop gold software. So, get or download desktop gold software with latest version.
Without delay time; know reasons and solutions!
Reasons – AOL Gold Automatic Update Not Working
There can be many reasons of automatic update error on desktop gold. This can be:
- May be automatic update feature turned off in the Settings.
- Some internal issues with the software cause update problem.
- Virus and Malware programs in the system display problem.
- Corrupted desktop gold program or software is the reason of AOL gold update error.
- When your system have no enough space to run software.
- Some third party software like Antivirus, Firewall stops the software to work.
- When software and system requirements doesn’t compatible with each other.
- Due to unstable or poor network, you can’t update desktop gold software.
- Outdated version of Windows stops update on desktop gold.
Some issues display when your desktop gold automatic updates not working or pending. Those are stated below:
- AOL gold stops responding.
- Unable to print from desktop gold software
- Address book missing from desktop gold
- Desktop Gold Login Problem/Sign-In Error
- Due to update pending, system freezes for few minutes.
Steps to Turn On Automatic Update Feature:
- Restart your PC/Computer system.
- Go to Start Menu -> Type ‘Update’ in the search box-> Update & Security -> Choose option “Windows Update”.
- If you want to check update manually then select “Check for Updates”.
- Next, Go to Change Settings -> Important Update -> Tick mark the “Install update automatically”.
- After the process completes, click on the Save button to apply changes.
Rectify AOL Gold Automatic Update Not Working
If AOL desktop gold automatic update not working then you need to perform troubleshooting to rectify problem.
Now start with its first solution:
Solution 1: Problem due to the Present of Any Virus
- If you are not able to rectify problem then it might be due to the presence of viruses and malware in the system.
- To remove virus or malware from system, you need to antivirus software. (In Case, you have not any antivirus software, immediately download it)
- Wait until the software download on your system.
- After download, install it and open it with double click on icon to scan the whole system.
- Make sure you are selecting whole system for scanning, not the partial system scanning.
- If you select the partial system, scanning will not help you to resolve problems.
- Once scanning is complete, it will display a list of viruses that is present in the system.
- Just select one by one and press ‘delete’ button.
Now check automatic update on desktop gold has been solved or not.
Solution 2: Due to Unstable or Poor Internet Connection
- If you have no stable internet connection, you will encounter desktop gold not able to update automatically problem.
- Switch off the device and unplug all the cables from ports, clean and insert it again.
- Make sure all the ports and cables are in proper condition. If not, you need to change the ports and the cables.
- Make sure the modem as well as router placed near to each other.
- Now, switch on the device and check internet connection.
Solution 3: Check Compatibility of Software and System
You need to check compatibility between software and system. Keep in mind what you should require to install desktop gold Windows:
- A faster Computer processor (266 MHz)
- Free disk space (At Least 512 MB)
- Secure and fast Internet connection
- Higher screen resolution
- 1 GB RAM
Solution 4; Run the Troubleshooter
- Go to Start button and click on Control button.
- Select ‘Troubleshooter’ and click on View all -> Select on Internet Explorer performance -> Select Automatically solve the problem button.
- Make sure your system should have strong network connection for troubleshoot.
After trying the above mentioned solutions, i hope you will resolve your desktop gold automatic update problem with ease.
If not, then contact desktop gold experts or read out our desktop gold troubleshooting guides to resolve more software problems.