Are you looking for solutions on AOL desktop gold error 205?
Has AOL gold 205 error stopped you from accessing mails, chats, and other functions on software?
This error mainly occurs after downloading AOL desktop software and when you don’t have a complete installation of software.
Due to this error, you see the AOL gold application crashing. Don’t panic, you are in the right place to access solutions on error 205.
Check out the right solutions in this post to fix the problem.
In this post, you will find:
Take a look below to find out what we mentioned in this post;
- Signs/Indications AOL Gold Error 205
- Reasons That Triggered 205 Problem in Desktop.
- Solution to AOL Gold Issue – 205
- User’s query related to the 205 Error
Signs of Error Code 205 In Desktop Screen
Let’s have a look or glance over its signs:
- You will see a dialog box with 205 error code.
- AOL gold application keeps Crashing when you try to open it.
- Due to this problem, Windows or MAC OS run slowly.
- When you open AOL software, it seems freezes for a while.
For AOL desktop gold not launching or loading, you may refer to AOL desktop gold icon not responding guide
List of Causes that Display Error 205 in Desktop Gold
Here’s a list of reasons…..
Reason 1: Corrupt Windows Registry
This problem arises when you don’t shut down your system properly. Due to this, all files or programs don’t close and get corrupted.
Reason 2: Incomplete AOL Desktop Gold Download/Install
Sometimes, you can see this error right after downloading AOL gold then issues may be in your device.
Incomplete operation in desktop gold display error 205 on system.
Reason 3: Virus or Malware Attack
Trojans, viruses and worms may affect your installed programs on your device and stop running AOL gold. Because of these malicious programs, system display error.
Reason 4: Corrupt AOL Desktop Gold Program
There might be incomplete download & install files, infected files, poor internet connection get corrupted desktop gold software.
Reason 5: Incompatible Changes in Web Settings
This can be due to any changes in the Network settings to make it work for another program. But, fail or pop-up AOL desktop gold error 205.
Reason 6: Incompatible Device Specification
To download AOL desktop gold Windows, you must be aware about its specifications. Because if your software and device have no compatibility, you will see an error on desktop gold.
Reason 7: Infected RAM
If by chance, your Computer, laptop and mobile have infected RAM then you can’t run AOL gold software.
Reason 8: Firewall & Other Security Software
In case, you have installed firewall and security software on the system then the issue 205 will keep displaying no matter what you try!
Reason 9: Enabled Proxy or VPN
Enabling proxy is the one cause behind 205 error. Because internet connection is important to run AOL software. If your router keeps disconnecting, you will never be able to get desktop software on your device.
Reason 10: Enabled Add-on/Extensions
Certain extensions ask to control your device before getting installed on the system. If that’s what you have done recently then, you know how to solve AOL downloading error 205.
Refer guide if your AOL desktop gold won’t connect to the internet
Troubleshoot: AOL Desktop Gold Error 205
If you are really looking to remove AOL error 205 from your desktop screen, then apply the below action to fix the problem.
- Setup CD of your OS to fix corrupt Windows registry. After that, you can start with the further solution.
- Now, insert the CD in the disk drive and restart your system. Once the device starts, press any key to boot from the CD.
- Now, press R on the keyword to enter “Repair Console Window”.
- Enter your admin password of your device to open command prompt.
- Next, type the commands in sequence that below mentioned and press ENTER after each command.md tmp
copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak
copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system
copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security
copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default
- Press Exit option and also remove the CD.
- Open your Device in Safe Mode and from My Computer screen. To do that:Go to Tools->Folder Options-> Show hidden files and folders -> and select Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
- Now, copy the following files to the Tmp folder in C:/ drive.REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM
- Afterward, open command prompt and execute each command
- Lastly, when the registry file repair process completes, restore your device to an earlier stage.
Here’s More Troubleshooting Tips:
If system registry repair isn’t the cause of your problem 205 then, you need following fixes to solve the problem:
- Firstly, scan your device and remove malicious programs from your device.
- Disable the Proxy server and VPN settings from the network adapter section of the device.
- Also, disable all third party software and firewall.
- Don’t forget to check AOL desktop gold system requirements.
- Reset web settings. If you failed to change the settings then, see how to set AOL Desktop Gold as a default browser
- You need to download AOL gold from a reliable source.
- After it’s done, run your device in compatibility mode and install AOL Gold program.
I hope this will help you to remove AOL gold error 205 from your device. If not, contact experts.